Thursday, April 17, 2014

how many books in one?

April has been a month of reeeaaaally deep cleaning.  It's felt good to move lots out of my house, to scoop the clutter right on out.  And, I discovered that I have TOO MANY BOOKS.  It doesn't seem like that should be possible.  I love books.  I value them.  I like how they feel in my hands, the romantic notion of them. 

However!  Even in the shelf in my master 1/2 bath, I have over 200 books.  I have tons more in my closet shelves.  And more in a couple of shelves in other areas.  And three large bins full of them that I moved to the back storage garage.  (I even had the several bags full that I gave away or sold in the last year because I knew they were ones I would never reread.)  Yikes.

Turns out I really hate (!) the dust that collects on them too.  I can't stand the thought of bringing in a lot more. 

And with that in mind, I went to the delicious dark side and bought myself a kindle paperwhite.

042

094

095

... And I completely love it.

No comments: