Sunday, November 9, 2014

night sky music

Songs I like that explore imagery of the night sky:


"'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars, I'm gonna give you my heart... 'Cause you get lighter the more it gets dark, I'm gonna give you my heart."


"I thought she'd be there holding daisies; she always waits for me.  She thinks she missed the train to mars, she's out back counting stars."
 

"Since the return from her stay on the moon, she listens like spring and she talks like June.  But tell me, did you sail across the sun?  Did you make it to the Milky Way to see the lights all faded, and that heaven is overrated?  Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star, one without a permanent scar?  And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?"



"...and you sat right beside me while everybody stared, and through the open window I think the singing went outside and floated up to tell all the stars not to hide 'cause by the time church let out
the sky was much clearer and the moon was so beautiful that the ocean held up a mirror.  As we walked home we spoke slowly..
."


Speaking of the sky, after these three came to mind, I googled and found a couple of links: NASA: The Moon in Song and Celestial Titles.

No comments: