Sunday, November 30, 2014

thankful - 28 - mindfulness

Mindfulness is quite the buzz word in recent years.  I have no desire to only think of the present moment.  I like and appreciate looking both to the past and future for a blend of growth, memories, dreams, foundation, flight, healing, the bigger picture.  Still, it's important to not get stuck in either of those and sometimes to just be deeply present in the exact present.

Nature walks with my people are one of the times when I'm fully here, feet as roots, heart wide open, capturing everything going on and feeling wholly here and alive, feeling absolutely in love with the world around me.

I'm thankful for moments of profound mindfulness just when they're needed the most.


This weekend -

013

017

019

024

029

038

042

044

045

062

No comments: